Children's Mental Health Clinic Referrals:
Children's Mobile Crisis Team (serving all of Manhattan): 1-888-NYC-WELL
ABC’s Fast Break Mobile Mental Health Services has been extending crucial mental health services to children living in poverty for more than two decades. Led by a highly-skilled, Board-certified Child Psychiatrist, ABC’s Fast Break provides a full range of mental health services and an array of therapeutic modalities including family therapy, individual psychotherapy, play therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and group therapy.
ABC's mental health service model is three-fold:
- Fast Break offers four Children's Mental Health Clinics, one of which is a selected Early Childhood Therapeutic Center by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- The Children’s Mobile Crisis Team provides rapid crisis intervention to children anywhere in Manhattan via the citywide 24/7 hotline 1-888-NYC-WELL, keeping children out of costly, restrictive institutions.
- School-Based Mental Health Service teams conduct on-site crisis intervention, broad-based mental health screening, individual and group therapy, and capacity-building training for faculty and parents in five New York City middle schools, three high schools, and one elementary school.
DURING THE 2016-17 PROGRAM YEAR...
- ABC’s Mental Health Services served nearly 750 children and provided screenings to an additional 502 children.
- 89% of the children served met or made progress toward established treatment goals at discharge.